Sunday, July 28, 2013

cloudy days


"Sweet pretty happy girl," you said on that bright morning, and for a moment, I felt like something of shining value.

Sometimes I wonder how you see me now. If I'm worth less to you because the thunderclouds have covered my face.

I'm still here, you know. Behind the stormy grey, I'm still shining. Maybe it's harder for you to see. Maybe you've given up on me.

But you don't determine the sum of my worth. If I have dimmed in your eyes, it's a symptom of your vision, not a lessening of my strength.

I may be sad, but I have joy. I may be scared, but I have hope.

My God is the ruler of peace and storms alike. Even if you walk away, I will not be alone. Someday I will be free again. I will be warm. I will shine with a strength you've never seen before.

(You can put up your umbrella and wait for fairer weather. It will hurt me. But I will not fault you.)

(In spite of rain, I will always love you.)

No comments: