Saturday, October 20, 2012

rainbow shoelaces


My sister is on the floor in front of the TV, singing along to the claymated theme song. I come up behind her, and softly I tug on her ponytail and kiss the top of her head.
I sit down on the couch with a blanket and my laptop on my knees. In a few minutes, she climbs up and makes me share. She lays her head on my shoulder. I watch her serious eyes and the way her whole face lights up when something funny happens. 'Hotshots' soccer jersey, white turtleneck, miniature Newbalance sneakers, her perfect freckled nose. She notices me watching her, and gives me an eskimo kiss. She grabs my hands so I can't type, and laughs, and tells me a story about kindergarten. 
She's five years old, and the most beautiful thing in the world. 
                 /.lkogirituutyde8figojd8eyw6teujffijduetr5e5s66eyhwiskisu66tar5rshiiu

(That was her.)

No comments: