Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Oh, October!

How I love you! You are beautiful! October is most certainly making up for the letdown of September. The leaves haven't turned yet, but the sky is the perfect smooth blue oval that it only can be in the Fall. The air is crisp, like the apples we picked Saturday.  sixty. five. degrees. Perfection. :)
 I went for a walk today in the woods near our house today, and saw four deer bound away into the trees. Something about Autumn seems to make nature feel so much closer. The sky is a little lower; the trees make themselves conspicuous. I'm going camping tomorrow, because there couldn't be a more ideal time. 


She lit a burner on the stove and offered me a pipe
"I thought you'd never say hello," she said
"You look like the silent type."
Then she opened up a book of poems
And handed it to me
Written by an Italian poet
From the thirteenth century
And every one of them words rang true
And glowed like a burning coal
Pouring off of every page
Like it was written in my soul from me to you
Tangled up in Blue

So now I'm going back again
I got to get her somehow
All the people we used to know
They're an illusion to me now
Some are mathematicians
Some are carpenter's wives
Don't know how it all got started
I don't know what they're doing with their lives
But me I'm still on the road
Heading for another joint
We always did feel the same
We just saw it from a different point of view
Tangled up in Blue

~Bob Dylan,  Tangled up in Blue
Hopefully I'll have some adventures to relate when I get back from the Great Family Wilderness Excursion :) Until then, happy, happy, happy autumn! 

No comments: