Tuesday, January 29, 2013

impulse


Today I cut my hair. It was a bit of a impulse, kindled last night and fulfilled on my way home from school today.

Maybe it's the weather. After the past few weeks of cold and snow and sleet, today sprung up 66 degrees and sunny. I drove home from school with my windows down and the music up.

Maybe that's what's causing this restlessness. I feel punchy. I'm gearing up for a fight and I don't know who with or what against.
I'm in the mood to say no.
I'm in the mood to write graffiti in sharpie in unobtrusive places.  "It's okay." "Someone loves you." "XOXOXO"
I'm in the mood to write angry feminist literature.
I'm in the mood to fall swift, bubbling, head-over-heels in love.
I'm in the mood to get in my car and drive hard and fast to the nearest ocean.
Because this kind of feeling is eased by that kind of roar and swell and immenseness. This craving for life is stimulated through the living.

I don't know how soon this feeling will go away. I can't promise that I won't shake some things up. I'm in the mood to do that.

I might become a bad influence.

I feel like a lit fuse. I can't tell you what will happen next.

No comments: