Friday, January 31, 2014

a dead-end summary

It's January 31, 2014.

I've been engulfed by a tidal wave of really difficult schoolwork. It bores, yet terrifies, me. I've had an eye twitch for three weeks.

I feel inadequate, unequal to the task, and it makes me want to hit things. Instead, I'll wear a brighter lipstick shade.

I want a flower garden tattooed over my arms and legs.

I planted seeds at the beginning of the semester, but they haven't come up yet.

Too many deadlines. I thought I had my act together, but here I am scrambling for control.

I wish I had a puppy to pet.

Last week I realized I don't miss him any more. I guess it goes both ways, now.

It's the end of January, a month gone too fast. I'm afraid I've done nothing memorable. Scholarship applications make me feel like I've never done anything memorable.

But I've practiced my bass every day of the new year, so far. So maybe that's worth something.

No comments: