Monday, August 23, 2010

poetry-music

I absolutely love this.


(courtesy of the amazing Natalie Lloyd, and also of Una Bella Vita)

Lately I've been writing poetry. There's not a lot else to do when your life is packed up in suitcases and cardboard boxes. But this song is perfect for poetry. (I'm trying to figure out how to play it on my violin, which is a lot of fun. Now I just need to find a pianist...) Jon Schmidt is so incredibly talented! I love the arrangement of piano and cello, and the two songs sound wonderful together. Oh sorry, am I gushing? :)

Our moving date is in two days. It feels like a door is slamming shut behind me as I leave, but I suppose this closure is better than the ragged loose ends moving sometimes leaves behind. Having moved so many times in my life, I'm good at cutting those ties and starting fresh. I think the difficult part this time will be trying NOT to sever the roots I've put down. But it will be okay.
~Jeremiah 29:11!

No comments: